Friday 21 August 2015

UPDATE: Shock absorbers and coils replacing. Shocks coils Renault Scenic 2, Renault Grand Scenic front, knocking noise coming from suspension

Hi all again!

As you have noticed in my previous post I replaced my shocks and coils.
However I kept old struts as they looked all right.
It was mistake... Unfortunately I had to replace them as well.

While driving on very uneven road I noticed kind of knocking noise coming from under my car.
I have checked all my suspension, all joints, rubbers, wishbones etc.
I could not find any part of suspension guilty the noise.
It took me a while and finally I found that struts were in bad condition.
I even noticed (looking thorough wiper's plastic cover) that the rubber is cracked on drivers side.
So I had to order parts and go again thorough dismantle and replacing.
I did not put any pictures in here. I actually did not take them. I was so angry I had to do all of this again!!!
Anyway, if you would like to change shocks and or coils always get the new struts...It is just few euros and you will have to get them some day.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment