Saturday 5 September 2015

Dashboard lights bulb, burned exchange replacement Renault Scenic 2 MKII Grand Scenic, Led light

I have noticed, that every 3-4 months I have dismantle half of my car and swap burned bulbs in my dashboard. It was really annoying so I decided to buy led, actually SMD  and fit them in my dashboard.
Cost of bulbs is exactly the same as of the original ones, however lifespan is 100 000 hrs (nearly 11.5 years of continuous lit). Well, I am not so optimistic, and I took just 10% of it lifespan, which gave me around 1 full year continuous lit. I always drive with my lights on, and I use my car for no more than 3hrs per day. In this situation that gave around 9 full years before bulb will"die". I think I will get another car sooner than this will happen.


Bulb:    SMD T5 286 Wedge Light Bulb  5050 SMD LED(I used the blue one)
Torx T20
Phillips


Anyway lets get started:































To make it easier for you, you may remove the card terminal/pocket




 Now, this is very tricky part of your job. It is tight and you will have to follow step by step to safely remove the fan knob panel



 Push it inside





 Twist it clockwise a bit



Pull the marked on the picture holder outside


 and pull the  knob panel out











 Remove wires and remove 2 bulbs. You will have to twist the bulb holders anticlockwise direction by 90 degrees

















 Just to be a 100% sure it were bulbs nothing else I checked them







 SMD bulb





 SMD bulb is sensitive for polarity, so if it does not lit, then put it again opposite way


 That is the way it looks like; nice blue color


Thx

4 comments: