Thursday 22 December 2016

Rear brake caliper replacing, caliper seized, caliper Renault grand scenic MK2


The most crazy thing I have ever seen. Someone tried to push rear caliper back by pushing it... It does not work this way...
Have a look:



I found that my rear brake cylinder keeps my brake locked. Not much, but it was constantly rubbing the disc. I bought the repair kit for rear caliper however the state it was, made me sure I have to replace entire caliper.


I was also changing brake fluid in entire system


Remove the brake pipe and then remove parking brake cable

Remove the Seeger ring



Remove caliper

Renault starky-like socket





THE CALIPER

As I believe somebody somehow pushed back this cylinder. I have no idea how it looks like inside and I would not take a risk to fit it to my car. So it had to be replaced. Damaged rubber did not protect cylinder from dust and water and that could cause the seizure

Not expensive (around 15-20eu) all type caliper winding tool

New caliper




Mounting torque



There is different tightening torque for front brake pipe and bleeder screw
Job done!

Bleeding and it is order in next post

No comments:

Post a Comment