Thursday 22 December 2016

Replacing master cylinder aka brake pump, falling brake pedal, poor brakes, brakes fixing Renault Scenic Grand MK2

My car is 2005 and as the time passes it needs more and more attention. Car is good just passed the test, however it gives me reasons to keep this blog alive.

While driving I noticed that my brake pedal started to slightly falling down, and when I pushed it harder it actually touched the floor....
 I suspected some leak, maybe some brake cable was worn or snapped.
After inspection I found no leaks and no symptoms of malfunction. So it had to be the master cylinder.

To replace master cylinder you will need about 10 min max. But to get there...
Step by step:
You will have to remove battery, unscrew the holding clip


Secure the PLUS terminal


 Remove battery base



Disconnect air ducts





Secure the throttle





Suck out the brake fluid using syringe



Disconnect the electrical wire



Remove brake fluid reservoir bolt

Secure area under master cylinder

Remove the container



Unscrew brake pipes



Remove mounting nuts



I noticed inside the cylinder small black micro pieces, so replacement is a must



Brand new pump













Don't forget to fully drain the old brake fluid, put in the new DOT4 and bleed the system. Details in post about brake pads, disc and caliper.

At the end don't forget to connect the over-flood pipe to the battery

Thx

No comments:

Post a Comment